Warning: This program is still very new and prone to be buggy and glitchy, so expect bugs and for it to not be 100% perfect. Will make a guide later on how to compile this manually for unreleased builds.
1. Make sure you have these before installing the SteamVR Leap Motion Driver:
- Install "Leap Motion Orion SDK". (Click on the Orion Beta (VR) button), Account is required to download the software
- Install SteamVR (Most of you should already have it)
- Install the Visual C++ 2015 Update 2 redistributables (32 and 64 bits) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=51682
2. Download the file called "Steamvr_leap_driver_(version name_.zip" (created by cbuchner1 @ Github) (If you have installed Alpha One version before, make sure to uninstall Alpha One and install Alpha Two).
3. Extract zip file and run setup.exe.
4. Go through the installation process (just keep clicking "Next").
5. Once the installation process is done just close the window.
What about controls?
Currently following gestures are possible (subject to change a lot, so visit here to keep up to date):
- Bending of the index finger maps to the trigger button, like you would fire a gun
- Clenching the middle, ring, pinky finger to a fist maps to the grabbing buttons
- The thumbpress gesture (just point the thumb in the direction of your palm) touches and clicks the trackpad
- Flat hand held in front of you, palm towards your face is used for application menu button
- Flat hand held in front of you, palm away from you is used for system menu button
Leap Motion in action
Note: The Lab is working, but some tests are broken currently.
Note: Minecraft does indeed work with both, the program and VRidge, see the link for details. Very buggy since the hand tracking program is still new, but it will get better as time goes on. The Minecrift program (linked above) is still kinda new and some bugs need to be worked out. The main movement method is teleportation.
You can find the list of currently known issues/bugs here.
Cameron will be updating his guide and you can send him your feedback in the google docs here.